- Heart Center Update, Fall 2013
For providers: highlights of our patients, programs and services. Featuring the NHLBI PumpKIN clinical trial, and the pediatric cardiac care consortium (PCCC).
- Heart Center Update, Spring 2013
For providers: highlights of our patients, programs and services
- Dr. James St. Louis, co-director of The Heart Center, and staff physicians traveled to Lanzhou, Gansu Province, China, to present at a medical symposium, in partnership with Children's HeartLink.
- August 9, 2012. Dr. James St. Louis, co-director of The Heart Center, performed successful heart surgery on baby Nolan. The three-part newspaper series about Nolan and his professional baseball player father, Shawn Wooten, appeared in the Orange County Register.
- Read the Heart Center Annual Report (PDF). The Heart Center includes a cardiovascular intensive care unit and renovated outpatient clinic spaces. Our center offers a full range of heart care and treatments for children, including ablation, ventricular-assist devices, catheterization, surgery and transplant. In partnership with the University of Minnesota, The Heart Center provides a variety of clinical trials and therapies to ensure the best possible outcomes for heart patients. We collaborate with health care professionals from around the world to treat children with congenital and acquired heart defects. Our specialists have earned national and international recognition for leading-edge heart research and comprehensive care.
- In May 2012 the pediatric echocardiography department at University of Minnesota Amplatz Children's Hospital earned accreditation from the Intersocietal Accreditation Commission (IAC). This national recognition applies to both pediatric and fetal echocardiography. Echocardiography is an ultrasound diagnostic tool for the heart.
- Click the link to hear the story of a 3-year-old whose home has become University of Minnesota Amplatz Children's Hospital while she waits for a heart transplant. This story emphasizes the need for organ donations. KARE 11
- Visit the link to learn more about fun-loving 6-year-old Valeria who found hope and a new heart in Minnesota thanks to The Heart Center team at University of Minnesota Amplatz Children's Hospital. WCCO
- Drs. James St. Louis and Dan Gruenstein at University of Minnesota Amplatz Children's Hospital work to mend a baby's broken heart. Christopher was born with hypoplastic left heart syndrome and is doing well after the first of three surgeries he will need to survive his condition. KARE-TV
- Read this wonderful story about a Minnesota family who adopted a young girl abandoned in a market in China. She was treated by James St. Louis, MD, at University of Minnesota Amplatz Children's Hospital for a heart condition. Pioneer Press